You can visit our worldwide website for our globally available teaching resources, or visit our local website for for products, events and materials for your area.
Please choose below:
Select Readings Intermediate
Teacher approved readings for today's students
Linda Lee and Erik Gundersen
A teacher-approved American English reading skills series for upper secondary and university students.
- Part of: Select Readings
- Other levels: Elementary , Pre-Intermediate , Upper Intermediate
- Teaching hours: 60
Select Readings Second Edition contains a range of high interest reading texts approved by experienced teachers.
This four-level American English reading course uses carefully selected reading texts to help students read effectively. Exercises before and after reading practise reading skills, check comprehension and build vocabulary.
Select Readings also helps students prepare for exams, with the new Testing Program CD-ROM featuring tests in the style of TOEFL®, TOEIC®, IELTS and GEPT exams.
- Student Book
- Testing Program CD-ROM
- Class Audio CD
- Even more reading – four new chapters in each book, 50% more reading content in every unit
- All new Elementary level completes four-level curriculum
- Reading texts approved by experienced teachers to ensure learner success
- Mini Oxford American Dictionary builds academic vocabulary skills
- Downloadable audio files for all main reading texts so students can learn on the go
- Testing Program CD-ROM simulates TOEFL®, TOEIC®, IELTS and GEPT exams
- Oxford iTools CD-ROM provides digital classroom resources ready for instant use
Each chapter contains clear goals, focusing on developing a specific reading skill, such as scanning for details and identifying the main topic. The Building Vocabulary section focuses on word analysis skills such as learning word forms and understanding phrasal verbs. Words to Remember at the end of each chapter allow students to review key vocabulary.
Additional material includes the new Mini Oxford American Dictionary at the back of the book, to encourage understanding and develop vocabulary. Culture and language notes expand students’ knowledge of the world around them.
Digital resources including iTools, the Testing Program CD-ROM and downloadable audio files are great new features to supplement your teaching. Audio files for the main reading texts are available at the Audio Download Center. Try it out: www.oup.com/elt/selectreadings2e
Unit tests for every chapter test students’ comprehension, reading proficiency and vocabulary skills. These are easy to customize – each unit test is available in both PDF and Word format, so you can edit tests to suit your individual classroom.
Select Readings is now available as an e-book, with interactive features designed specifically for language learners. Available for iPad and tablets for Android via the Oxford Learner’s Bookshelf app.
Features to look out for:
- Improve pronunciation: Repeat audio, record yourself, and compare to original.
- Improve listening: Slow down audio to hear each word clearly.
- Personalise your e-book: Save written or spoken notes anywhere on the page. Use the pen tool to draw and highlight.
- Easy to get around: Bookmarks, jump to page, thumbnail sorter.
Available for all levels.
For Select Readings Intermediate (2)
A teacher-approved American English reading skills series for upper secondary an...
|978-0-19-433212-5||Select Readings Intermediate Student Book|
|978-0-19-455538-8||Select Readings Intermediate e-book|