Tactics for Listening: Basic
A classroom-proven, American English listening skills course for upper secondary, college and university students.
- Part of: Tactics for Listening
Tactics for Listening Third Edition is an activity-rich listening course with proven success in building skills in listening and conversation. Now with Tactics for Testing, it provides plenty of practice in testing and exam techniques. The result is confident listeners – and exam success.
This three-level American English listening course uses short chunks and practical, relevant activities to engage and motivate students.
The new Testing Program and Resource CD-ROM helps you prepare your students for TOEIC®, STEP-EIKEN®, IELTS®, TOEFL® and GEPT® exams.
- Student's Book
- Teacher's Resource Pack (Teacher's Book with Testing Program and Resource CD-ROM)
- Audio CDs
- Relevant and interesting listening activities on every page of every unit
- Dynamic new design, images, recordings and units engage students in relevant topics
- New Tactics for Testing section in the Student Books, teaches the skills for success in tests and exams
- Testing Program and Resource CD-ROM simulates TOEIC®, STEP-EIKEN®, IELTS®, TOEFL® and GEPT® exams
- New Audio Download Center gives students access to additional, out of class listening practice, and pronunciation and dictation activities
- Vocabulary index for each unit aids vocabulary development and learning
- Conversation corner in each unit provides pronunciation and dictation practice
Packed full of listening activities on every page, the course provides practice in conversation and listening across a wide range of subjects and situations.
High-interest topics use practical, everyday language and lots of manageable listening tasks to engage students and keep them motivated.
Each unit outlines specific listening skills, and pronunciation and conversation topics, within the context of a topical subject.
Short, manageable chunks make for easy teaching – and easy learning.
Task-based activities in the Tactics for Testing sections provide practice in test-taking techniques, related to several units.
The Teacher’s Testing Program and Resource CD-ROM supplements your teaching with unit quizzes and worksheets. These further develop students’ confidence and their listening and exam techniques.
For students, access to downloadable audio MP3 files, from the new Audio Download Center, encourages study ‘on the go’ and supplements their out of class learning.
You and your students can keep track of vocabulary development with the new vocabulary index.
Listed by unit, it provides a useful tool for exam preparation and testing.
These MP3 files are the perfect resource for encouraging out of class study.
Access and download audio files for all the Listening 3, Pronunciation and Dictation activities in the Student Book Audio files for each Tactics for Testing section
See for yourself what's available at: www.oup.com/elt/tacticsforlistening3e
Tactics for Listening, Third Edition is now available as an e-book, with interactive features designed specifically for language learners. Available for iPad and tablets for Android via the Oxford Learner’s Bookshelf app.
Features to look out for:
- Improve pronunciation: Repeat audio, record yourself, and compare to original.
- Improve listening: Slow down audio to hear each word clearly.
- Personalise your e-book: Save written or spoken notes anywhere on the page. Use the pen tool to draw and highlight.
- Easy to get around: Bookmarks, jump to page, thumbnail sorter.
Available for all levels.
For Tactics for Listening: Basic (2)
|978-0-19-443080-7||Tactics for Listening Basic e-book - buy in-App|
|978-0-19-401391-8||Tactics for Listening Basic e-book - buy codes for institutions|