Leading authors in the field of applied linguistics share their thinking and research in different areas of study. Many have won prestigious awards for their writing.
ELT Journal is aimed at people involved in English language teaching who are interested in keeping up with the latest developments in the field.
It provides a truly international forum for the exchange of ideas and information, with contributors and subscribers in over 100 countries.
ELT Journal is published quarterly in association with IATEFL.
Subscribe to ELT Journal.
- Practical articles to keep you informed about the latest developments in English Language Teaching.
- Debates about topical, controversial issues.
- Book reviews and website reviews to give you critical assessments of the latest materials and resources.
- Accessible, in-depth definitions of the latest EFL terminology.
- The full text of the ELT Journal, including all back issues from 1996, is also available online to subscribers.
For more information please visit the ELT Journal website.
Table of contents - October 2013 issue
Regular features include:
- Articles – practical articles on a wide range of topics
- Book reviews – critical assessments of new publications
- Book surveys – comprehensive surveys of coursebooks, readers, and other genres
- Website reviews – reviews of websites which are useful for teachers and learners
- Key concepts – accessible, in-depth definitions of the latest EFL terminology
- Point and counterpoint – debates on topical issues
- Readers respond – readers can contribute their own reactions and experiences related to issues raised in ELT Journal