Mixed-Ability Teaching shows how collaborative ways of working can promote a positive classroom atmosphere and offer support and challenge for every student.
- Part of: Into the Classroom
- ISBN: 978-0-19-420038-7
Mixed-Ability Teaching is designed to support teachers working with mixed-ability English language groups.
- Helps teachers prepare effectively for lessons by looking at the factors and variables that characterize mixed-ability groups
- Suggests constructive and imaginative solutions to the challenges associated with activating all learners in mixed-ability groups
- Explores a learner-centred approach to assessment and develops techniques that combine evaluation with learning
- Provides practical classroom ideas for improving the learning environment through differentiated and open-ended language learning activities
- Extra resources are available
This title is part of the highly regarded Into the Classroom series - short, practical guides that help teachers who work in the primary and secondary school setting to make sense of new teaching tools, techniques, and educational policy, with ideas for implementing them in the classroom.
- "This is a very useful book which deals thoroughly with all aspects of the challenges of teaching mixed-ability classes and provides a huge variety of strategies and techniques that teachers can use to maximise the potential of all their students."
English Teaching Professional
- "The book shows how collaborative ways of working can promote a positive classroom atmosphere. It provides differentiated
learning activities and is packed with practical