Learning Technology provides a clear guide to how teachers can introduce learning technology in the classroom.
- Part of: Oxford Handbooks for Language Teachers
- Part of: Into the Classroom
- ISBN: 978-0-19-420041-7
- Pages: 104
- Binding: Paperback
- Dimensions: 276x210 mm
Extra resources are available on the website: www.oup.com/elt/teacher/itc
- Explains aspects of learning technology in non-technical language
- Features over 70 practical classroom ideas and confidence-building tips to get the best from learning technology
- Shows how to use a range of online tools in an educational setting, including email and instant messaging, blogs, wikis, podcasts, video, and social networks
- Explores different ways of putting learning technology into practice, including virtual learning environments, social learning platforms, blended learning and the flipped classroom, mobile learning, and adaptive learning
This title is part of the highly regarded Into the Classroom series - short, practical guides that help teachers who work in the primary and secondary school setting to make sense of new teaching tools, techniques, and educational policy, with ideas for implementing them in the classroom.
- "Book of the Month: This highly practical 104-page guide provides a clear accessible overview... In this fast-moving area, [the author] is not seduced by the latest 'wow' thing, but instead, links the different technologies to sound pedagogy. Highly readable."
- EL Gazette
- "Book of the Month: This highly practical 104-page guide provides a clear accessible overview... In this fast-moving area, [the author] is not seduced by the latest
'wow' thing, but instead,
links the different technologies to sound pedagogy. Highly readable."
- EL Gazette
- ...the content of the book is exceptional, with the chosen tech tools well-considered and unlikely to date too quickly. The tone of the book remains neutral, and never assumes the reader already knows what a particular term refers to, meaning that this is a useful resource for both technophobes and technophiles alike.
- English Teaching Professional
Part of... Oxford Handbooks for Language Teachers
Each title in the series is intended to serve both as a basis for training courses and seminars, and as a reference text.
Part of... Into the Classroom
Practical guides to understanding and implementing new developments in teaching