Literature e-Book for Kindle
Literature e-Book for Kindle
Amos Paran and Pauline Robinson
Literature provides teachers with accessible pedagogy and practical advice for using literature in the classroom in learner-centred ways.
- Part of: Into the Classroom
- ISBN: 978-0-19-442750-0
- Print Length (pages): 144
Literature provides teachers with accessible pedagogy and practical advice for using literature in the classroom in learner-centred ways. Through practical ideas and activities, teachers are guided through implementing literature into their lessons.
- Focuses on ways in which both language development and literature learning can be achieved through task design
- Provides numerous activity ideas for a wide range of classroom contexts and types of literature
- Makes reference to recent publications as well as more familiar, well-known works of literature
- Includes topics such as choosing texts and approaches, working with genres, and working with literature and other media
- Extra resources are available on the website
This title is part of the highly regarded Into the Classroom series - short, practical guides that help teachers who work in the primary and secondary school setting to make sense of new teaching tools, techniques, and educational policy, with ideas for implementing them in the classroom.
- "The authors have found a way of addressing the teacher-reader that takes nothing for granted in terms of knowledge of or experience in using literature but makes everything feel accessible... Literature speaks directly and informatively to its readers, providing ideas, examples and resources that will encourage teachers considering using literature in the classroom for the first time and provide teachers already using literature with a wealth of new ideas."
- Alan Pulverness, Modern English Teacher
- "The learning objectives and techniques of all the tasks are refreshingly eclectic, and presented as easily transferable to alternative sources. The authors encourage deeper thinking about the principles of task design, and encourage users to engage critically with the literary content... It will probably make all the users hungry for more literature!"
- English Teaching Professional
- "... presents a wide range of
stimulating activities that
would clearly serve as language learning opportunities - and all via alternative tools."
- EL Gazette
- "an amazing treasure trove of information... This book is truly full of great ideas and engaging activities and should be included in the libraries of both seasoned and novice English instructors."
- IATEFL Voices
- "Reading Literature is very much like attending an intensive workshop on teaching literature in the EFL classroom. This
is actually one of the great
strengths of their book... the activities suggested in its pages radiate a positive aura of the 'tried and tested'. Paran and Robinson do not only address teachers like myself who are passionate about literature... they also want to motivate teachers who love literature but are more sceptical about how they are going to successfully implement it in their language lessons... In all, the book can be thoroughly recommended to any teacher, whether a beginner or an expert, who would like to explore
literature with their learners."
- ETAS Journal