A new edition of a highly-praised book which helps students to develop clear, effective writing in English.
This second edition continues to provide a framework of current thinking on writing and to present a range of writing tasks for teachers to use in the classroom. Some old favourites are included but the majority of the tasks are newly designed and tested out with learners. The first edition won the English Speaking Union's Duke of Edinburgh award.
- Part of: Resource Books for Teachers
- ISBN: 978-0-19-442190-4
- Demonstrates ways to create contexts and audiences for classroom writing.
- Shows students how the style of writing differs according to purpose and audience.
- Presents a range of techniques for encouraging good pre-writing and drafting strategies.
- Helps learners to develop paragraphs coherently, to use cohesive devices, to use a range of sentence structures, and to develop appropriate vocabulary.
- Involves students in reviewing their work, revising it, and editing the final draft.