Achieve Exam Companion
Achieve Exam Companion
Airton Pozo de Mattos, Sheila Dignen, Alastair Lane, Sonia Leites
Extra, targeted exam preparation for Brazilian university entrance exams - both major vestibulares and the ENEM.
- ISBN: 978-0-19-455664-4
- Pages: 56
- Binding: Paperback
- Dimensions: 297x210 mm
The Achieve Exam Companion helps to prepare students for Brazilian university entrance exams. It offers extra, targeted exam preparation for use either in class or for independent study. The Exam Companion also comes with a Student's website and a Teacher's Download site for additional resources.
- Short, self-contained lessons fit easily into class time or can be used for independent study
- Presentation, Instruction, Practice: each lesson presents a typical exam question type, gives step-by-step instructions on how to answer it, and a mock exam page with texts and questions for practice
- A wide variety of text genres, that represent the types of texts students are likely to see in their exams
- Annotated answer keys give students comprehensive feedback to build upon
- A Student's website and Teacher's Download Center offer practice tests and links to authentic past papers (see tabs above)
An optional Skills Book at levels 1 and 2 provides the flexibility to go beyond exam preparation, offering step-by-step practice in writing, listening and speaking. The Teacher's Resource Center provides worksheets and practice tests to further consolidate students' language and practice exam skills (click on the Teacher's Resource Center tab for more information).
Achieve 2nd edition offers real appeal to older teenagers. Reading texts have been specially written for this age group and are new for the 2nd edition. In a magazine style, and covering a wide variety of academic disciplines and media, they are written from an angle that relates contemporary topics to teenagers' lives. While reflecting the layout of university exams, they also help teachers to make lessons informative and engaging, and make reading more motivating than in many other upper secondary courses.
The course and unit structure is straightforward and requires minimal teacher preparation time. The progression sets out achievable goals and gives students a real sense of progress.
The 'Focus on' and 'Get it right' boxes encourage self-correction in areas such as false friends and phrasal verbs, while the integrated Workbook, plus 26 pages of reference material on grammar and vocabulary, help students to revise more effectively.
The design has been updated for the 2nd edition, and 50% new content offers a fresh look.
- Links to up-to-date past paper exams so students can familiarize themselves with content and questions.
- Annotated answer keys (repostas comentados) for the past papers, so students can identify what they need to improve upon.
- Provides factsheets in Portuguese with in-depth information about the major university vestibulares and their specific requirements.
- Includes Simulados, based on major institutions' vestibulares, so teachers can choose the most appropriate exams for their students to practice.
- A correlation document links the content of the Exam Companion to specific exams, so teachers can identify what's most relevant for their students.
- Provides factsheets in Portuguese with in-depth information about the different exams and their specific requirements.