Philippa Bowen and Denis Delaney
A four-level American English course for secondary learners with outstanding print and digital resources and particular emphasis on meaningful communication and skills development.
Through a comprehensive and innovative range of resources, Got it! uses hands-on language presentations to help students discover language intuitively and try out new structures. Through personalization and dialogue they explore meaning in a framework of issues which engage them. Competence in individual skills and awareness of progress and success are encouraged throughout. Available as an in-App purchase via the Oxford Learner’s Bookshelf app.
- Student Book & Workbook with CD-ROM
- Split edition Student Book and Workbook with CD-ROM
- Teacher's Book
- Class Audio CDs
- Test Builder
- Student Book and Workbook with CD-ROM and Online Skills Practice
- Split edition Student Book and Workbook with CD-ROM and Online Skills Practice
- Hands-on language presentations check students' understanding and encourage them to try out new structures.
- Guided discovery through dialogue work and personalization allows students to explore meaning and usage before formal presentation and practice.
- Culture Club and cross-curricular sections develop students' language skills within the wider context of the English-speaking world.
- Regular review and self-assessment sections help students to measure their progress against the Common European Framework of Reference.
- The comprehensive and innovative range of print and digital resources ensures maximum support and flexibility, including iTools for interactive whiteboards, video clips and DVDs, and Online Skills Practice in Got it! Plus.
- NEW e-books with interactive features designed to aid language learning
- Students can buy e-books as an in-App purchase by downloading the Oxford Learner’s Bookshelf app and tapping Store
- Institutions are able to buy access codes
Got it! is a course which is comprehensive and innovative in its range of resources, but also offers support and flexibility for the teacher. How does it achieve this?
By presenting grammar through dialogues or texts and following up with more detailed analysis, students are able to check their understanding of meaning and context. They are encouraged to try out new structures and are given opportunities to explore the meaning and usage of new language before it is presented and practised more formally. This allows them to discover the language intuitively for themselves and this sense of achievement helps to motivate them.
With a strong emphasis on dialogue work and personalization, students are able to understand how the language can work for them. Targeted skills lessons develop this and build their competence further.
The outstanding range of components means that every lesson can be varied and exciting. Whether you prefer using print or digital, or a combination of the two, all the resources are at your fingertips - giving you maximum support and flexibility.
The Online Skills Practice in Got it! Plus, offers a whole variety of resources which are easy to administer with the Learning Management System. Teachers are able to guide the learning experience whilst, at the same time, students receive encouragement through the instant feedback.
Maintaining motivation is always a challenge with teenagers, so the topics for each unit have been carefully chosen to help them become culturally aware. In addition, the broad range of issues covered develops their understanding of values.
Achieving success is the best way to keep students enthusiastic about their learning so there are regular opportunities for them to check their progress against the Common European Framework of Reference.
Got it! is now available as an e-book with interactive features designed specifically for language learners.
Student Book and Workbook available in a single e-book.
Improve listening: Integrated audio which you can slow down to hear each word clearly. Read audio scripts and texts as you listen.
Improve pronunciation: Repeat the audio, record yourself and compare it to the original.
Automatically marked: Interactive activities with instant feedback.
Personalise your e-book: Save written or spoken notes anywhere on the page and use the pen tool to draw and highlight.
Easy to get around: Use bookmarks or the thumbnail sorter to jump to the page of your choice.
Available for iPad and Android tablets via the Oxford Learner’s Bookshelf app.