You can visit our worldwide website for our globally available teaching resources, or visit our local website for for products, events and materials for your area.
Please choose below:
Insight second edition provides rich, meaningful content to keep your students motivated and involved, placing a deep engagement with contemporary issues at the heart of every lesson.
- ระดับ A1-C1
Insight second edition is a thought-provoking course that empowers students to think deeply about the world around them. Real-life and engaging topics, with a focus on Global Skills, encourage students to become thoughtful thinkers with positive attitudes to lifelong learning.
Insight second edition includes a powerful Assessment for Learning approach to help you propel learners forward. Our lesson features, teacher's notes and tests are focused on helping learners to continually reach for their goals, accelerate their progress, and go further with support for regular informal assessment and effective feedback.
Professional Development support helps you get started with Insight second edition. Watch video tutorials to set up your course, access focus and position papers for expert advice and bite-sized guidance on key issues and take short professional development modules for an introduction to key methodologies for your course.
All your digital course materials and resources are accessed via the Oxford English Hub – a launchpad for learning: www.oxfordenglishhub.com.
- Student Book (print), Workbook (print)
- Online Practice (Students -2 years' access)
- Student e-book (2 years' access)
- Workbook e-book (2 years' access)
- Student Resources (2 years' access)
- Teacher's Guide (print)
- Online Practice (Teachers -4 years' access)
- Classroom Presentation Tools (Student Book and Workbook -4 years' access), Teacher Resources (4 years' access)
- New focus on Global Skills develops the skills students need to pursue lifelong learning and achieve success.
- Thought-provoking and information rich texts inspire students to think critically about contemporary topics.
- New Assessment for Learning focus with new Assess Your Progress sections in the Workbook to encourage students to take ownership of their learning.
- New and improved writing lessons include clear model texts to guide students through the writing process.
- Vocabulary syllabus supported by Vocabulary Extra pages.
- Grammar sections and integrated skills pages prepare students for using English in the real world.
- Online Practice offers additional interactive activities for grammar, vocabulary, and skills work.
- New focus on Global Skills develops the range of skills learners need to achieve lifelong success and fulfilment in today’s globalized world.
- Thought-provoking and information rich texts inspire your students to think critically about topics that matter.
- Culture pages in every unit and video material develop your students’ understanding and knowledge of the customs, traditions, and history of other countries.
- New Assess Your Progress sections allow students to take responsibility for their learning.
- New and improved writing lessons guide students through the writing process, providing clear model texts with a focus on language and organisational features.
- Strategy boxes with step-by-step guides help your students improve their key language skills and develop confidence.
- Online Practice offers additional interactive activities for grammar, vocabulary, and skills work, to support students in their learning.
- Extensive vocabulary coverage, supported by Vocabulary Extra pages, provides students with a deeper awareness of how language works and the confidence to use it.
- Grammar sections encourage students to discover the rules of grammar and be actively involved in their learning.
- Integrated skills pages prepare students for using English in the real world.
Compare digital packs
|Student Book with Online Practice||Student Digital Pack||Student Book with Digital Pack|
|Student Book (print)||✔||✔|
|Student Book e-book||✔||✔|
|Online Practice (for students)||✔||✔||✔|
|Teacher's Guide with Digital Pack||Teacher Digital Pack|
|Teacher's Guide (print)||✔|
|Digital Teacher's Guide (PDF)||✔||✔|
|Student Book Classroom Presentation Tool||✔||✔|
|Workbook Classroom Presentation Tool||✔||✔|
|Online Practice (for teachers)||✔||✔|
Insight is a popular secondary English Language Teaching course designed for motivated students, challenging them to reach their full potential and inspiring a lifelong love of learning. A qualitative impact study* was conducted in order to gain an in-depth understanding of how teachers feel that Insight encourages their students to think deeply about language and the wider world.
* An impact study is research that investigates a particular change or outcome that a product or service has on the group of people it is intended to help or benefit..
Found to encourage students to think deeply about language and the wider world.
We gathered deep and rich feedback from teachers using in-depth interviews and found the following:Key findings:
- Insight’s real-life, engaging topics stimulate learner’s interest
- Insight’s information-rich texts facilitate conversation and exploration
- Insight’s challenging syllabus encourages deep thinking
- Insight’s vocabulary insights enable exploration of vocabulary and language in greater depth
Download the summary report (PDF, 753 KB)
“It’s the topics…they are good for conversation, for speaking exercises”.Teacher, Italy
“When I use Insight I see that the authors have really thought about it, that they actually want us to teach those study skills. They give tips, they tell the students how to get about certain exercises and this is great”.Teacher, Poland
“…These [topics] are all things that students can relate to, connect to. This aspect makes it interesting to read those texts”.Teacher, Benelux
“…it talks a lot to the heart and to the lives of the students and so they commit to it and they don’t mind exploring it and they do it happily”.Teacher, Portugal
The Insight impact study was conducted in February and March 2020. 12 teachers from 4 countries took part in the qualitative research.