insight Intermediate Workbook with Online Practice Challenge. Develop. InspireNew
The insight Workbook provides further practice of the language taught in the Student's Book plus an abundance of extra resources including Literature insight, Pronunciation insight and Exam insight sections. Assign interactive, automatically marked and easily tracked Online Practice activities as homework and enrich your students' learning experience.
- ISBN: 978-0-19-401505-9
- Binding: Paperback
The workbook supports the lessons in the Student's Book with extra exercises for every lesson, a unit-by-unit wordlist with dictionary-style definitions, and a grammar reference and practice section which is linked to the grammar lessons in the Student's book. The workbook also contains optional extra lessons and activities in the form of the Literature Insight bank which is made up of a set of literature lessons which will introduce your students to classic pieces of English
Literature, the Pronunciation Insight section with activities to develop students' pronunciation skills, and Exam Insight which offers preparation and practice for school-leaving exams.
Online Practice provides extra homework activities that are automatically marked and can be easily tracked online so you spend less time marking. Integrated video and audio, unlimited practice on activities and the ability to check the correct answers will enhance your students' independent learning.
- Closely matches the Student's Book layout
- Listening tracks available to download from the Student's site
- Literature insight offers ready-made extra lessons which introduce students to classic pieces of English literature
- Extra support and practice of the grammar from the Student's Book in the Grammar reference section
- A unit-by-unit wordlist with dictionary style definitions which gives students more information about core vocabulary
- Allows you to assign extra homework to be done online, and track your students' progress
- Over 200 activities for students to practise vocabulary, grammar and skills, with new audio for the Listening tasks
- Speak and record practice and writing tasks that students submit to teacher give more opportunities to practise these important skills away from the classroom
- Video, audio, wordlists, language bank and grammar references are all integrated with the activities so everything is easily accessible and in one place
- Instant feedback on answers and unlimited attempts on activities inspires autonomous learning
- The access code for Online Practice is on a card with the Workbook
For every page in the Student's Book there is a corresponding page in the Workbook full of extra practice of the language covered in the lesson.
The Literature Insight section is made up of a set of supplementary literature lessons which introduce students to classic pieces of English Literature such as Hard Times, Alice in Wonderland and Huckleberry Finn. Each lesson includes a reading text taken from a graded reader ensuring they are pitched at a suitable level for your students, there is also an audio clip from the work of literature, some background information about the author and the context in which they were writing, and comprehension and critical thinking exercises to test students' understanding.
The Pronunciation Insight section offers pronunciation exercises for each unit related to the language covered in that unit. This provides an alternative way to practise the language covered and develops your students' pronunciation skills.
The Grammar Reference section includes explanations of the grammar covered in the Student's Book with extra remedial exercises. Perfect support material for a student who is struggling with a particular grammar point or handy revision exercises ahead of a test or exam.
Assign the Online Practice as homework and take advantage of the extra features to track students' progress, communicate with students outside of class, and improve learning outcomes.
Set writing and speaking practice that you can mark and give one-to-one feedback on outside the classroom to free up teaching time.
Integrated video and audio, and tools such as Wordlists, language bank and Grammar References enhance your students' learning experience. Set up Discussions to engage your students in thought provoking topics based on the Students Book or your own ideas.
Automatically marked activities and the ability to check the correct answer encourages students to independently review their learning. They know immediately whether they have the right answers and can practise an activity as many times as they need, learning from their mistakes.
The Online Gradebook keeps you up to date with students' learning, making it easy for you to track and report on progress, and letting you quickly identify strengths and weaknesses within a class. This helps with planning for mixed-ability classes, enabling you to create differentiated learning paths for groups of students.
The Online Practice access code comes on a special card with the Workbook with instructions for students.
How to get started with the Online Practice
- Register or log in at www.oxfordlearn.com.
- Click Teacher tools and apply for a teacher account. We'll let you know when your account is open, within two working days.
- With your new teacher account, set up your class and give your students the student joining code for that class.
- Students register at www.oxfordlearn.com, and enter both their Online Practice access code and the student joining code.
That's it. Your students are ready to start the course, you'll be able to track their progress and see their marks, and then use that information to improve your students' learning.
Download a guide to get started with Online Practice (PDF: 544 KB)
Go to www.oxfordlearn.com/requirements to check the settings for your computer's browser, operating system and monitor display.