insight Upper-Intermediate Workbook
insight Upper-Intermediate Workbook
The insight Workbook is an essential accompaniment to the Student's Book, providing further practice for your students, plus an abundance of extra resources including Literature insight, Pronunciation insight and Exam insight sections.
- ISBN: 978-0-19-401114-3
- Pages: 136
- Binding: Paperback
- Dimensions: 297x210 mm
The Workbook supports the lessons in the Student's Book with extra exercises for every lesson, a unit-by-unit wordlist with dictionary-style definitions, and a grammar reference and practice section which is linked to the grammar lessons in the Student's book.
The Workbook also contains optional extra lessons and activities in the form of the Literature insight bank which will introduce your students to classic pieces of English Literature.
The Exam insight sections offer preparation and practice for school leaving exams and the Workbook also contains a twenty page grammar and reference section that contains comprehensive grammar explanations and further practice.
- Closely matches the Student's Book layout with one each page corresponding to a spread in the Student's Book
- Contains grammar, vocabulary and skills activities which practice and reinforce language covered in the Student's Book
- Listening tracks available to download from the Student's site
- Workbooks include two five-page Literature insight lessons for each level offering ready-made extra lessons which introduce students to classic pieces of English literature and encourage reading for pleasure
- Five three-page Exam insight sections in the Workbook prepare students for common exam tasks, practicing the use of English, reading, listening, speaking and writing
- Exam strategies in the Workbook show students how to deal with typical exam tasks such as multiple choice, true/false, matching headings to paragraphs etc
- Extra support and practice of the grammar from the Student's Book in the Grammar reference section which contains comprehensive explanations of key grammar points
- A unit-by-unit wordlists with dictionary style definitions give students more information about core vocabulary
- Progress checks after every unit, with self-evaluation feature to encourage students to reflect on and monitor their progress
- Workbooks are available in a variety of formats, print and online
The Literature Insight section is made up of a set of supplementary literature lessons which introduce students to classic pieces of English Literature such as Hard Times, Alice in Wonderland and Huckleberry Finn.
Reading texts for the Literature insight lessons are taken from OUP Graded Readers, ensuring they are always pitched at a suitable level for your students. There are also audio clips, background information about the author and information about the context in which they were writing. Comprehension and critical thinking exercises related to the extracts further test students' understanding.
The Pronunciation Insight section offers pronunciation exercises for each unit related to the language covered in that unit. This provides an alternative way to practise the language covered and develops your students' pronunciation skills.
The Grammar Reference section includes explanations of the grammar covered in the Student's Book with extra remedial exercises. Perfect support material for a student who is struggling with a particular grammar point or handy revision exercises ahead of a test or exam.
Workbooks also contain additional challenge exercises for stronger students.