Oxford Discover Futures Level 2
Creating independent thinkers with great futures
Ben Wetz, Jayne Wildman and Fiona Beddall
Oxford Discover Futures empowers students to shape their futures with an inquiry-based approach and a focus on 21st Century Skills.
- What is the value of time?
- How do groups work together?
- Why do we tell stories?
The inquiry-based methodology of this course equips learners with 21st Century Skills in critical thinking, communication, collaboration and creativity to prepare students for success at school and beyond.
Oxford Discover Futures is part of the Oxford Discover Family, following on from Show and Tell and Oxford Discover.
- Student Book
- Student Book e-book
- Workbook with Online Practice
- Workbook e-book
- Workbook Classroom Presentation Tool
- Teacher's Pack with Teacher's Guide, Teacher's Resource Center, Online Practice and Classroom Presentation Tool
- Class Audio CDs
- Online Practice
- Student Book Classroom Presentation Tool
- Inquiry-based methodology equips learners with 21st Century Skills in critical thinking, communication, collaboration and creativity.
- Integrated videos at the start and end of every unit lead discussion and debate.
- Language in use lessons and skills strategies improve fluency and all four skills.
- Life skills lessons develop transferable skills for lifelong learning.
- Project lessons enable students to present cross-curricular topics in English.
- Literature lessons introduce diverse literary genres.
- Writing Workshops help students to refine their academic writing skills.
- Teacher's Resource Center allows you to access all your teaching resources and tests in one place online.
- Classroom Presentation Tools show the Student Book and Workbook on screen, making it easier than ever for teachers to deliver heads-up, engaging lessons.
- With Online Practice, students can do extra activities and check their progress with instant feedback. They can access and download all class videos and Workbook audio.
Oxford Discover Futures is a six-level course, created to address the evolving needs of secondary-level learners of English in the 21st century. Second language acquisition is now much more than an academic pursuit. It has become an essential skill for global cooperation and problem solving. Oxford Discover Futures is centered on the belief that language and literacy skills are best taught within a framework of critical thinking and global awareness, and it aims to guide students toward the broader goals of communication.
Oxford Discover Futures creates a positive and motivating learning environment by:
- Providing content that is relevant, informative, and educational.
- Allowing students to consider key questions and to reflect on and reconsider their responses as they develop their understanding
- Challenging students to think critically about topics, issues, and questions.
- Fostering competence in reading and writing.
- Life skills lessons which develop transferable skills for lifelong learning.
- Developing strategies that help students perform well in academic study and examinations.
Oxford Discover Futures belongs to a family of Oxford courses which share the same inquiry-based methodology, with a focus on 21st Century Skills. It follows on from Show and Tell and Oxford Discover. These courses offer schools a continuous inquiry-based learning path, which evolves with students as they grow. Each course provides the right level of cognitive challenge to support lifelong learning and success.
All teaching resources in one place online to save time.
- Teachers log in to Online Practice and click 'resources' to download all teaching materials.
- These resources include: test materials, additional teaching resources, class audio and video, the Teacher's Guide, teacher's support materials.
- Teachers have access to the Online Practice and can monitor students' progress with a variety of easy-to-use visual reports - from multi-class, to whole-class, to individual student level. They can review, print, or export the reports for further analysis.
- Teachers can create classes, and lock and assign content to control what students can see in their accounts.
With Online Practice, students can do extra activities and check their progress with instant feedback. They can access and download all class videos and Workbook audio.
To access Oxford Discover Futures Online Practice for the first time, students use the access code in their Workbook or purchase an access code via our website. Access is valid for 18 months.
Classroom Presentation ToolDeliver heads-up lessons for both the Student Book and Workbook. Class audio, video, answer keys, and teaching notes are available online or offline, and updated across the teacher's devices.The Student Book Classroom Presentation Tool includes:
- Videos at the start and end of each unit
- Embedded answers
- Extra activities
- Embedded answers
Student packsFully flexible learning for every situation. Whether your students are learning face-to-face, remotely, or a mixture of the two - there's a pack to suit your class.
|Workbook with Online Practice||Student Digital Pack||Student Book with Digital Pack|
|Student Book (print)||✔|
|Online Practice (for students)||✔||✔||✔|
All other digital course materials and resources accessed via Oxford English Hub.
Teacher packsBoth our teacher's packs provide everything you need to create flexible lessons that work for your students, no matter whether you are teaching face-to-face or remotely.
|Teacher's Guide with Teacher's Resource Centre||Teacher Digital Pack|
|Teacher's Guide (print)||✔|
|Digital Teacher's Guide (PDF)||✔||✔|
|Student Book Classroom Presentation Tool||✔|
|Workbook Classroom Presentation Tool||✔|
|Online Practice (for teachers)||✔||✔|
Внутри Oxford Discover Futures Level 2 (14)
Print Student Book and 2 years' access to Student e-book, Workbook e-book, Onlin...
2 years' access to Student e-book, Workbook e-book, Online Practice and Student ...
4 years' access to Teacher's Guide (PDF), Classroom Presentation Tools, Online P...