Oxford Discover Futures Level 4 Teacher's Pack
Oxford Discover Futures Level 4 Teacher's Pack
Jayne Wildman and Fiona Beddall
|Format:||Mixed media format|
Oxford Discover Futures empowers students to shape their futures with an inquiry-based approach and a focus on 21st Century Skills.
- ISBN: 978-0-19-411741-8
The Teacher's Pack contains the Classroom Presentation Tool, Teacher's Guide and the Teacher's Resource Center (with teacher's access to Online Practice).
- The Classroom Presentation Tool delivers heads-up lessons for both the Student Book and Workbook. Class audio, video, answer keys, and teaching notes are available online or offline, and updated across the teacher's devices
- The Teacher's Guide supports teachers to understand and apply the principles of inquiry-based learning, with full guidance and notes for every lesson.
- The Teacher's Resource Center allows you to access all your teaching resources in one place including: audio, video, photocopiable materials, answer keys, tests (unit tests and 21st Century Skills assessment), wordlists, audio and video scripts, and more. Teacher's access to Online Practice enables teachers to create online classes and track their students' progress.
- The Teacher's Guide is a clear guide for the teacher in all aspects of the course.
- Teacher's access to Online Practice allows teachers to monitor students' progress with a variety of easy-to-use visual reports - from multi-class, to whole-class, to individual student level. They can review, print, or export the reports for further analysis.
- Teacher's Resource Center allows you to access all your teaching resources and tests in one place online.
- Classroom Presentation Tools show the Student Book and Workbook on screen, making it easier than ever for teachers to deliver heads-up, engaging lessons.
Oxford Discover Futures is a six-level course, created to address the evolving needs of secondary-level learners of English in the 21st century. Second language acquisition is now much more than an academic pursuit. It has become an essential skill for global cooperation and problem solving. Oxford Discover Futures is centered on the belief that language and literacy skills are best taught within a framework of critical thinking and global awareness, and it aims to guide students toward the broader goals of communication.
Oxford Discover Futures creates a positive and motivating learning environment by:
- Providing content that is relevant, informative, and educational.
- Allowing students to consider key questions and to reflect on and reconsider their responses as they develop their understanding
- Challenging students to think critically about topics, issues, and questions.
- Fostering competence in reading and writing.
- Life skills lessons which develop transferable skills for lifelong learning.
- Developing strategies that help students perform well in academic study and examinations.
Oxford Discover Futures belongs to a family of Oxford courses which share the same inquiry-based methodology, with a focus on 21st Century Skills. It follows on from Show and Tell and Oxford Discover. These courses offer schools a continuous inquiry-based learning path, which evolves with students as they grow. Each course provides the right level of cognitive challenge to support lifelong learning and success.
With the Oxford Discover Futures Teacher's Resource Center, teachers have:
All teaching resources in one place online to save time.
- Teachers log in to Online Practice and click 'resources' to download all teaching materials.
- These resources include: test materials, additional teaching resources, class audio and video, the Teacher's Guide, teacher's support materials.
- Teachers have access to the Online Practice and can monitor students' progress with a variety of easy-to-use visual reports - from multi-class, to whole-class, to individual student level. They can review, print, or export the reports for further analysis.
- Teachers can create classes, and lock and assign content to control what students can see in their accounts.
Online PracticeOnline Practice offers students interactive content that is automatically graded and suitable for self-study.
With Online Practice, students can do extra activities and check their progress with instant feedback. They can access and download all class videos and Workbook audio.
To access Oxford Discover Futures Online Practice for the first time, students use the access code in their Workbook or purchase an access code via our website. Access is valid for 18 months.
Deliver heads-up lessons for both the Student Book and Workbook. Class audio, video, answer keys, and teaching notes are available online or offline, and updated across the teacher's devices.
The Student Book Classroom Presentation Tool includes:
- Videos at the start and end of each unit
- Embedded answers
- Extra activities
- Audio Embedded answersThe access codes for the Oxford Discover Futures Classroom Presentation Tools can be found in the back of the Teacher's Guide, or teachers can purchase access codes via our website.