This new edition of Tom Hutchinson's bestselling course combines all the aspects that students and teachers loved from the previous edition with exciting new digital components, extra resources and more teacher support than ever before.
- Уровень: False Beginner to Intermediate (A1-mid B1)
Your students will love watching the new animated Mickey, Millie and Mut and Sweet Sue and Smart Alex cartoons. In later levels of the course the cartoons are replaced with dramatized episodes of Kids, the photo-story from the Student's Book. For your kinaesthetic learners there are new fun total physical response pronunciation activities in the pronunciation bank at the back of the Student's Book. Other students will enjoy reading the stories in the extensive reading bank.
And you will love all the teacher support available with Project fourth edition. Use digital resources more effectively in your lessons with the digital workshops that give you step by step guides to using some of the most educationally beneficial sites on the internet as well as ideas for how you can use them with the projects in the Student's Book.
- The tried and tested methodology of Project which is trusted by teachers around the world.
- New extensive reading bank with stories graded at the appropriate level.
- New pronunciation bank including both TPR activities and quiet individual activities.
- New test bank includes ready-made tests, plus a bank of extra material for teachers to create bespoke tests. Please contact your local representative for more information.
- More multi-skill and communication exercises to prepare you students for using English in the real world.
Pitch your tests perfectly to the level of your students with the Project Fourth edition test generator. Creating the test yourself with just a few clicks of the mouse allows you to choose exactly what is tested and rules out any chance of your students getting hold of the test before you want them to. The test generator automatically generates the matching answer key for your test making marking easy. Please contact your local representative for more information.
You will never run out of material with Project fourth edition. As well as the core units in the Student's Book there are additional photocopiable worksheets and interactive exercises on the Teacher’s Site. There is also new video material with accompanying worksheets for all the culture topics in the Student’s Book, giving you an alternative way to cover the topics. The extensive reading bank at the back of the Student’s Book could be used as extension material for fast finishers or as whole class material. All the stories include dialogue so why not get your students to act them out in class?
Project impact study
The Project series uses a tried and trusted, successful methodology and structure to help students succeed in English by engaging them with its diverse, motivating topics and realistic, relatable contexts.
An impact study* was conducted to gain an in-depth understanding of the extent to which and how using Project helps Primary students develop the core skills needed to successfully transition to secondary school. Participants were teachers who have been teaching with the Project series for at least six months.
* An impact study is research that investigates a particular change or outcome that a product or service has on the group of people it is intended to help or benefit..
Found to have a positive impact on helping students develop the core skills (reading, writing, speaking, listening) needed to successfully transition to Secondary school.
- 98% of teachers agreed that using the Project series helps students to develop the core skills (reading, writing, speaking, listening) they need to successfully transition to Secondary school.
- 97% of teachers agreed that Project’s course content and topics appropriately reflect student maturity levels as they progress with their learning.
- 96% of teachers agreed that Project’s course effectively matches tasks to student maturity levels to support development of core skills.
- 95% of teachers agreed that Project’s learning approach develops to match student maturity levels and is appropriately mapped in each level to suit student progress.
Download the summary report (PDF, 3 MB)
“...the best English textbook for me.”
“All the four skills can be developed by interesting and variable activities that matches the age characteristics of the children.”
“…smooth transition between the different stages, each textbook gradually develops students' vocabulary, grammar, speaking, reading and writing skills.”
“The suggested projects encourage them to ask questions related to the topic, where can they find the information, how to present the findings in a creative way. Sometimes students perform their tasks in pairs and/or groups in that way they learn how to be part of a group, respect others, show interest in other students' suggestions and feel free to give his/her own ideas.”
The Project impact study was conducted in January 2021. 158 teachers from 10 countries took part.