Ben Wetz, Diana Pye
Reach Out is the flexible new secondary course that provides optional additional material so you can tailor your lessons to suit your class.
- Language Level: False Beginner to Upper-Intermediate (A1-B2)
A supportive course that helps students of all abilities build confidence through graded practice. The flexible package makes it ideal for mixed-ability classes, and varying teaching loads. Online Practice provides extra activities for the classroom or home that teachers can track.
Reach Out develops students’ communication skills through a structured and methodical approach, helping students to achieve their individual learning outcomes in every lesson.
- Student’s Book
- Workbook with Online Practice
- Teachers Book + Photocopiables
- Teacher’s Website
- Student’s Website
- One lesson-per-page structure means teachers can pick up and teach the course
- ‘I can’ statements, learning objectives, and presentation-practice-production methodology ensures all students achieve a productive outcome, regardless of their ability
- Step-by-step writing lessons and step-by-step speaking practice to build students’ confidence
- Reach Out Options provides four optional extra lessons of Curriculum Extra, Culture, Vocabulary, or Listening and Speaking practice for each unit, linked to topics and language in the main units
- Graded grammar and vocabulary photocopiables in the Teacher’s Book and Online Practice activities offer the opportunity to supplement or extend lessons
- Online Practice gives teachers the tools to provide differentiated instruction for different groups in mixed-ability classes, to track students’ progress and communicate with them outside the classroom
- Finished? activities ensure fast finishers are kept busy throughout the lesson
The core material is presented in a clear unit structure, and the extensive Options section at the back of the book provides further variety and challenge. Extra material covering culture, Curriculum Extra, and vocabulary practice motivates and engages students, and allows teachers to tailor the course to individual needs and abilities.
Reach Out places equal emphasis on the development of all four skills – each unit contains reading, writing, listening, and speaking. New language is presented both in context and in tables, to ensure that students fully understand usage as well as form. The Rules section encourages students to think about and complete language rules themselves. Activate and About You exercises then give students the opportunity to use English in a personal way, encouraging them to talk or write about their own ideas and experiences.
Teachers with a mix of both strong and weak students in class get extra flexibility from the Workbook and teacher’s photocopiable resources. These all contain three levels of material, meaning that every student can achieve a productive outcome, regardless of ability.
With Online Practice teachers can assign different interactive activities to different groups of students, see their grades, track their progress, set up online discussions with their students on topics from the Student’s Book, and more.
Reach Out iTools is a complete digital teaching resource. It features the Student's Book content, plus extra interactive resources, and is compatible with any Interactive Whiteboard. The functions include bookmarking, flipcharts, draw and highlight, zoom, and note-making.
The in-built functionality also allows you to use the resources effectively with just a computer and a projector, or simply a laptop.