A new, refreshed edition of the five-level English course for teenagers, with a clear structure, supported approach to speaking, practice, and exam preparation still at its heart. Includes an Online Workbook and Words app for Elementary, Pre-Intermediate and Intermediate, and iTools for all levels.
- Level: Elementary to Intermediate
Solutions has been thoroughly modernized with 80% new content to draw in students, embed the grammar and vocabulary presented, and engage them in the tasks. Its guided approach builds up every student’s confidence, through step-by-step objectives, lots of practice, meaningful personalization activities, and exam preparation tasks.
The course now embraces a wide range of teaching methods, furnishing the teacher with a flexible pick-and-choose package for use in the classroom, at home, and on the move. The Online Workbook enhances independent learning with a variety of interactive features while iTools enables you to enliven the material and vary the pace and focus of your lessons.
Solutions turns all students into active learners, by offering a rich variety of learning opportunities for a whole range of abilities through extension and revision activities in all components - giving everyone a sense of achievement whatever their level.
- Student's Book
- Workbook and Audio CD Pack
- Online Workbook
- Teacher’s Book and CD-ROM Pack
- Test Bank CD-ROM
- Class Audio CDs
- Words App
- Student's Book e-book
- Workbook e-book
- Lesson-per-page structure with achievable goals, clear signposting of the skill being practised, and gradual build-up to a productive outcome, gives everyone a sense of achievement after every class
- Updated, motivating texts with effective vocabulary exploitation activities for increased engagement and active practice
- Speaking is integrated into all lessons, with step-by-step guidance leading to real-life practice, to make the activities meaningful and memorable
- Workbooks with integrated audio, either in a print + audio CD combination, or online with built-in audio and an automated marking system, offer students a huge amount of listening practice while giving the teacher the option of reducing their marking load
- Productive tasks, 'Check your work' features, Exam Strategy boxes, and opportunities for home learning through the Online Workbook and Words phone app all help to involve the students actively in their learning process and build their confidence in preparation for exams
- DVD-ROM material for every Culture, Reading, or Speaking lesson in the Student’s Book reinforces the grammar and vocabulary being taught and presents it in a different, student-appealing context
- iTools material and extra activities on the Teacher's Resource CD-ROM allow the teacher to vary the pace and focus of the lesson, and tailor the material in a mixed-ability classroom setting
- The Words phone apps offer fun, 'on the move' vocabulary reference and practice, giving students control over their vocabulary revision
- NEW e-books with interactive features designed to aid language learning
- Students can buy e-books as an in-App purchase by downloading the Oxford Learner's Bookshelf app and tapping Store
- Institutions are able to buy access codes
The structured syllabus in an easy-to-follow format, with clearly presented objectives, means that the whole class knows what is expected of them in each lesson. Students therefore feel a sense of achievement after every class, which is especially important for teenagers.
Solutions is well known for getting every student speaking. Speaking lessons follow a step-by-step approach, offering a model to listen to, lots of language input, ideas of what to say, and plenty of opportunities to speak. The tasks are relevant to teenagers and give them the freedom to improvise while combining all the elements learnt in the lesson.
Exam preparation is kept as a focus throughout, not only in the Get Ready for your Exam pages for every unit, but also in the Exam Strategy boxes, the reviews and self-check pages, and extra activities in the other components. Through these activities, students can build their confidence and develop exam strategies, and both students and teachers can keep on track of their progress in relation to what is expected of them in their exams.
Solutions recognizes that different students are motivated by different learning approaches. All the components cater to mixed-ability classrooms, and the multi-dimensional package offers teachers the flexibility to adapt the resources to suit the needs of their students. The teacher can draw on a bank of resources - from the Teacher’s Resource CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, iTools, and Test Bank CD-ROM - to support and extend the material in the Student’s Book and Workbook, meaning that no student need be left behind or feel insufficiently challenged.The Online Workbook enables independent interactive learning at a pace to suit each student, whilst the Online Gradebook provides teachers with easily accessible information for planning mixed-ability lessons and group learning programs in the classroom. Solutions even offers the student dedicated mobile phone apps for vocabulary reference and practice on the go.
While retaining control of students' progress, the teacher can exploit the course's productive approach which motivates the students to learn by themselves both in and out of the classroom. Tasks all lead towards a real-life practice activity which allows the student to activate the grammar and vocabulary learnt in that lesson in a personalized way. DVD-ROM episodes bring the language to life by taking it out of the classroom and into authentic settings, while the audio built into the Student’s Book and Workbook brings the passages alive. Independent learning is promoted through the 'Check your work' feature for writing tasks, the self-check pages in the Workbook and the vocabulary reference and games within the Words phone app.Further interactive elements in the Online Workbook such as automatic marking and instant feedback, the integrated Speak and Record feature that a teacher can listen to and mark, and instant links to Grammar Reference and Wordlists, enhance the supportive environment for independent learning beyond the classroom. By being actively involved in the learning process, students become more engaged and confident, and in turn take control of their learning.
Click on the covers below to find out more about each of the components in the package.
- Built-in audio allows students to access the course audio straight from the page.
- Students can slow down the audio to hear every word clearly.
- The listen, record, compare feature helps students practise their pronunciation.
- Automatic marking in the Workbook e-book lets students check their progress independently and saves precious class time.
- Built-in video in the Workbook gives you the option of setting video home work for your students.
- Access Solutions e-books on your tablet or online on your PC or MAC.
Solutions e-books are available for Solutions Elementary to Upper Intermediate for iPad and Android tablets via the Oxford Learner's Bookshelf app.
The Solutions Online Workbook allows your students to complete the Workbook practice activities interactively:
- Integrated audio for listening tasks, plus wordlists and the grammar reference from the Student’s Book, mean everything is easily accessible and in one place.
- Online Gradebook lets you easily track your students’ progress and see at a glance if there are areas that need further practice.
- You can also assign different exercises to different groups of students, so that all your students are learning at the pace that is right for them.
Solutions Online Workbooks are available for all levels of Solutions.
Bring your lessons to life with Solutions iTools:
- Full Workbook and Student’s Book on screen makes it easy to switch between components.
- Pop-up answer keys – ideal for getting students to mark their own work.
- Built-in video and audio which let you show or hide the script so that you can get the most out of each clip.
- Interactive activities such as matching exercises, crosswords and anagrams which you can use as individual activities or team games.
- Built-in teacher tools such as zoom, hide and spotlight let you manipulate the material on the page.
Solutions Words App:
Words on the go! Students can look up, listen to and practise all of the words from Solutions 2nd edition anytime, any place, and take control of their vocabulary learning.
- Look it up: Choose how you view words: by unit, by topic, or as a dictionary. Over 1500 words included.
- Define: Choose a word and tap on the screen to see the definition and word in context. Definitions are taken from the Oxford Essential Dictionary and Oxford Wordpower.
- Listen: Tap on the audio icon to hear the word spoken in English. Repeat and improve.
- Practise: Play the games for on-the-go revision: Multiple choice quizzes test knowledge of the meanings of words Drag and drop words into contextual sentences to check how words are used.
Available on iPhone ®, iPad ®, iTouch ® and Android phones.