Solutions Pre-Intermediate Online Workbook Access Code
Solutions Pre-Intermediate Online Workbook Access Code
A new, refreshed edition of the five-level English course for teenagers, with a clear structure, supported approach to speaking, practice, and exam preparation still at its heart. Includes an Online Workbook, Words app and iTools.
- ISBN: 978-0-19-454952-3
Solutions has been thoroughly modernized with 80% new content to draw in students, embed the grammar and vocabulary presented, and engage them in the tasks. Its guided approach builds up every student’s confidence, through step-by-step objectives, lots of practice, meaningful personalization activities, and exam preparation tasks.
The course now embraces a wide range of teaching methods, furnishing the teacher with a flexible pick-and-choose package for use in the classroom, at home, and on the move. The digital elements of the course enliven the material and allow teachers to vary the pace and focus of their lessons. The Online Workbook enhances independent learning with a variety of interactive features while iTools enables you to enliven the material and vary the pace and focus of your lessons.
Solutions turns all students into active learners, by offering a rich variety of learning opportunities for a whole range of abilities through extension and revision activities in all components - giving everyone a sense of achievement whatever their level.
- Lesson-per-page structure with achievable goals, clear signposting of the skill being practised, and gradual build-up to a productive outcome, gives everyone a sense of achievement after every class
- Updated, motivating texts with effective vocabulary exploitation activities for increased engagement and active practice
- Speaking is integrated into all lessons, with step-by-step guidance leading to real-life practice, to make the activities meaningful and memorable
- Workbooks with integrated audio, either in a print + audio CD combination, or online with built-in audio and an automated marking system, offer students a huge amount of listening practice while giving the teacher the option of reducing their marking load
- Productive tasks, 'Check your work' features, Exam Strategy boxes, and opportunities for home learning through the Online Workbook and Words phone app all help to involve the students actively in their learning process and build their confidence in preparation for exams
- DVD-ROM material for every Culture, Reading, or Speaking lesson in the Student’s Book reinforces the grammar and vocabulary being taught and presents it in a different, student-appealing context
- iTools material and extra activities on the Teacher’s Resource CD-ROM allow the teacher to vary the pace and focus of the lesson, and tailor the material in a mixed-ability classroom setting
- The Words phone apps offer fun, ‘on the move’ vocabulary reference and practice, giving students control over their vocabulary revision
The structured syllabus in an easy-to-follow format, with clearly presented objectives, means that the whole class knows what is expected of them in each lesson. Students therefore feel a sense of achievement after every class, which is especially important for teenagers.
Solutions is well known for getting every student speaking. Speaking lessons follow a step-by-step approach, offering a model to listen to, lots of language input, ideas of what to say, and plenty of opportunities to speak. The tasks are relevant to teenagers and give them the freedom to improvise while combining all the elements learnt in the lesson.
Exam preparation is kept as a focus throughout, not only in the Get Ready for your Exam pages for every unit, but also in the Exam Strategy boxes, the reviews and self-check pages, and extra activities in the other components. Through these activities, students can build their confidence and develop exam strategies, and both students and teachers can keep on track of their progress in relation to what is expected of them in their exams.
Solutions recognizes that different students are motivated by different learning approaches. All the components cater to mixed-ability classrooms, and the multi-dimensional package offers teachers the flexibility to adapt the resources to suit the needs of their students. The teacher can draw on a bank of resources - from the Teacher’s Resource CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, iTools, and Test Bank CD-ROM - to support and extend the material in the Student’s Book and Workbook, meaning that no student need be left behind or feel insufficiently challenged. The Online Workbook enables independent interactive learning at a pace to suit each student whilst the Online Gradebook provides teachers with easily accessible information for planning mixed-ability lessons and group learning programs in the classroom. Solutions even offers the student dedicated mobile phone apps for vocabulary reference and practice on the go.
While retaining control of students' progress, the teacher can exploit the course's productive approach which motivates the students to learn by themselves both in and out of the classroom. Tasks all lead towards a real-life practice activity which allows the student to activate the grammar and vocabulary learnt in that lesson in a personalized way. DVD-ROM episodes bring the language to life by taking it out of the classroom and into authentic settings, while the audio built into the Student's Book and Workbook brings the passages alive. Independent learning is promoted through the 'Check your work' feature for writing tasks, the self-check pages in the Workbook and the vocabulary reference and games within the Words phone app. Further interactive elements in the Online Workbook such as automatic marking and instant feedback, the integrated Speak and Record feature that a teacher can listen to and mark, and instant links to Grammar Reference and Wordlists, enhance the supportive environment for independent learning beyond the classroom. By being actively involved in the learning process, students become more engaged and confident, and in turn take control of their learning.
Click on the covers below to find out more about each of the components in the package.