- Happy House is a two-year course that introduces children to English through listening and speaking and then, in the second level, provides a gentle introduction to the written word.
- Happy House introduces children to English through an appealing storyline which combines both familiar contexts and a fantasy world. Children can relate to the characters Polly, Jack, and their baby sister, while also enjoying the adventures of a family of mice that live under the floorboards.
- Each unit follows a very clear pattern which gives children confidence and helps them to learn.
- The course involves children in a process of language learning which is fun and highly motivating. It includes catchy songs, cognitive puzzles, and colouring and drawing activities. Stickers are used in Level 1 to reinforce vocabulary in an enjoyable way.
- NEW Level 2 provides revision and reinforcement from Level 1, combined with new material to both consolidate and further children's learning as they work with the written word for the first time.
- The new Happy House 1 Activity Book offers optional extra activities and cut-outs to complement the Happy House Classbook.
- The Happy Alphabet Book teaches children the Roman alphabet.
FREE Resources for Young Learners
Visit the Oxford Teachers' Club for innovative ideas, lesson plans and worksheets to enliven the young learners' classroom.
Ruby, Spike, Tina, Rodney and Otto invite you to take part in a range of practice activities and games.