This updated course, now over seven levels, gives you even more brain-challenging activities and cross-curricular lessons. With more opportunities for speaking and more Cambridge English: Young Learners practice, your class will learn Incredible English and more!
Walk into an Incredible English classroom and there is a buzz … children acting out a story, using a Venn diagram or finishing a craft project confidently in English. The trusted methodology is based on things that children love, including:
- A wide variety of fun activities that challenge children of all learning styles to think.
- Learning other subjects and skills through English (CLIL – Content and Language Integrated Learning).
- Class Book
- Activity Book
- Teacher's Book
- Class Audio CDs
- iTools DVD-ROM
- DVD Activity Book
- Teacher's Resource Pack (includes Norton the puppet (levels 1 &2), cross-curricular posters (from level 3), Flashcards, Photocopy masters book, Story frames book, Text cards
- Activities that appeal to all learner types and develop thinking skills and civic education.
- Great support for speaking and story-telling with animations, face masks and finger puppets for acting out the story, and tear out story books to take home
- More Cambridge English: Young Learners support and practice and a new testing programme with more self-evaluation and more revision.
- New Starter Level for learners who are not yet reading and writing.
- More variety of text types for reading including longer, cross-cultural texts and more structure for writing skills with personalized writing activities and more grammar practice.
Why learn Incredible English and more?
“If the brain is stimulated and enjoying what it’s doing then you learn more. If it’s too easy, it slides over you, but if it’s a bit more challenging it stays.” Author Sarah Phillips is an expert in CLIL and how the brain learns.
Every activity in Incredible English has been specially designed to challenge the brain, making learning English more exciting for you and your class.
Activities such as ‘spot the difference’ games are made more challenging by changing the position and size of the objects in the picture. This means students have to work harder to engage with the activity so they learn more, and retain it!
CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Learning) – a lesson in every unit combines language learning with learning other school subjects and skills through English, so your class will learn more.
Social skills – the songs in every unit teach social and life skills.
All learning styles – a wide range of activities and resources appeal to every child no matter what their learning style.
Now there are new resources for more incredible lessons:
- A new starter level
- More support for story telling with face masks, animation and tear out story books
- More skills development activities for speaking, reading and writing
- More grammar practice
- More support for Cambridge English: Young Learners
- More digital support
More opportunities for speaking
- New information gap activities for pair work.
- Story-telling support with masks, puppets and story frames.
- Practice of the sounds of English via tongue twisters.
- More cross cultural insights through folk tales and the Me and My World pages.
- Longer texts and new genres (emails, blogs)
- Focus on improving writing and new writing tips which support literacy skills and independent writing.
- Carefully-staged writing frameworks develop your learners’ confidence in writing English.
Online Practice: an interactive homework system which provides extra activities that link to every lesson in Incredible English:
- Interactive language practice in all four skills.
- Up to 285 extra activities per level.
- Internal email and discussion tools allow real communication in English.
- Students can record their speaking practice and listen back.
- Saves time by marking and tracking students' work.
- Parents can view their child’s progress any time.
- Audio, animations and videos for use at home or in class.
- Register or log in at: www.ie2eonlinepractice.com
- Click on ‘Register’. Enter the teacher's access code* to register your class and create a class code to send out to parents.
*Contact your local ELT representative for a teacher code.
- Students and their parents login at www.ie2eonlinepractice.com and enter the class code and their Online Practice access code, found inside the Activity Book.
- That's it. You and your students are ready to begin!
- Animated versions of all the stories, so all learners can stay focussed, anticipating the ending and then use the story as a model for drama and more.
- All the books, DVDs and resources available on screen, along with interactive games, the new animated stories, answer keys and customizable Cambridge YLE Tests.
Student’s site – with new activities and downloadables
More self-evaluation and revision opportunities
- New skills, review and end of unit testing programme with more challenge.
- Self-evaluation page at the end of each unit makes learners aware of strengths and weaknesses.
- Six pages of revision in each unit help learners to review, recycle and remember key language in preparation for EXTRA end of unit, summative and skills tests.
- Familiarity with the test format - an eight-page colour YLE-style test in every class book.