Lesley Koustaff, Susan Rivers, Kathleen Kampa, Charles Vilina, Kenna Bourke and Victoria Tebbs.
The 2nd edition of Oxford Discover builds on it's tried and tested methodology, developing 21st Century Skills in critical thinking, communication, collaboration and creativity to prepare students for future success at primary school and beyond.
- Language Level: Beginner to Elementary (A1 - B2)
How are seasons different?' 'Which animals live in the wild' 'Who makes you happy?'
Oxford Discover uses ‘Big Questions’ like these to tap into children's natural curiosity and enable them to ask their own questions, find their own answers, and explore the world around them.'
The course is underpinned by four major 21st Century Skills: critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and creativity ensuring Oxford Discover lays the foundations for success in the 21st Century.'
Use with Show and Tell 2nd edition to teach an inquiry-based course from Kindergarten through Primary.
- Student Book
- Oxford Discover app
- Workbook with Online Practice
- Grammar Book
- Writing & Spelling Book
- Teacher's Pack
- Class audio CDs
- Grammar Book CDs
- Picture Cards
- Unique methodology which combines a native speaker approach of inquiry-based learning with a controlled grammar and skills syllabus.
- NEW 'Talking Points' videos encourage students to use their critical thinking skills and discuss their opinions with each other.
- NEW 'Teacher's Resource Center' allows you to access all your teaching resources in one place.
- NEW 'Assessment for Learning Package' to measures students’ progress in 21st Century skills and reading comprehension.
- NEW 'Teaching Strategies for Oxford Discover' videos linked to the Teachers Guide give a pratical guide for different elements of the course.
- NEW 'Classroom Presentation Tool' shows the course content, on screen, making it easier than ever for teachers to deliver heads-up, engaging lessons.
- Enhanced engaging video animations provide an entertaining way to present, practice, and consolidate learning.
- NEW 'Oxford Discover App' motivates students to extend their learning outside of the classroom.
Oxford Discover supports an inquiry-based approach to learning English. Each pair of units in Oxford Discover revolves around a thought-provoking 'Big Question'. A controlled vocabulary and grammar syllabus gives students the language support they need to explore and discuss each topic.
21st Century Skills are an integral part of the Oxford Discover course. In an age of rapid change and advances in communication and technology it is important that today’s young students continue to develop strong skills in the four main areas:
Oxford Discover encourages students to think deeply and assess information comprehensively. Students are invited to be curious and to think beyond their normal perspectives.
Oxford Discover offers students plentiful opportunities to become effective listeners, speakers, readers, and writers. Every unit has two pages devoted comprehensively to communication, but these skills are also utilized in general tasks and exercises.
Oxford Discover offers opportunities for collaboration in every lesson, with students working together in pairs, small groups, or as an entire class.
Oxford Discover encourages creativity throughout each unit by allowing students the freedom to offer ideas and express themselves without judgment.
Tapered content in the first six units of Level 1 ensures a smooth progression between Kindergarten and Primary, making learning more manageable, and equipping every student with the confidence they need to succeed.
In addition, today’s young students must develop life and career skills, information, media, and technology skills, as well as an appreciation and concern for the health of our planet and cross-cultural understanding. Oxford Discover strives to help students build on these essential skills in order to succeed in the 21st century.
Teacher Resource CenterAccess to an extensive library of resources that you can manage all in one place.
A range of flexible resources including additional worksheets, an Assessment for Learning Package, progress tracking for Online Practice, ‘Teaching Strategies for Oxford Discover Videos' and more!
Assessment for Learning Package
Measures students’ progress and achievement in 21st Century skills and reading comprehension.
Progress tracking for Online Practice
Track your students’ progress with the Learning Management System.
‘Teaching Strategies for Oxford Discover Videos’
Contain practical tips and ideas that teachers can tailor to their teaching content and implement in class today.
Classroom Presentation ToolThe Classroom Presentation Tool shows the course content, on screen, making it easier than ever for teachers to deliver heads-up, engaging lessons.
Includes Student Book and Workbook on Screen, audio, video, interactive activities and more!
Oxford Discover appPractice all the Oxford Discover vocabulary and language taught in class in a fun and interactive way.
Play at home or in a group in class using the ‘Multiplayer’ option.
A variety of different question types including text, images, audio and speech allows practice of all four skills.