Oxford Phonics World
Kaj Schwermer, Julia Chang, Craig Wright
Oxford Phonics World is the first step on your students' journey into English, leading you through all 44 sounds.
This brand new 5-level phonics course can be used before or alongside a main course book. Thought-provoking and engaging activities let children actively apply what they learn. They learn to really read, not just memorize words and sounds.
- Student Book with Student Cards and Multi-ROMs
- Teacher’s Book
- Phonics Cards
- Phonics Readers
- Oxford iTools (Digital Classroom Resources)
- Over 150 Phonics Friends - an angry apple, a big bear, and others - help children remember English sounds.
- Action songs, chants, and games encourage children to discover connections between English sounds and letters.
- Active class activities develop children's listening, speaking, reading, writing, and spelling skills and provide opportunities to apply them.
- Multi-ROMs include fun animations and interactive games, stories, and songs for practice at home.
- Teacher's Books for every level include a games bank, and guides you step-by-step through teaching phonics.
"As a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, so the journey of learning English begins with Phonics." Craig Wright – Author
- Children learn sounds step-by-step
- A unique journey strip at the bottom of each page shows the sounds learned, and sounds still left to learn
- Review sections let students and teachers see their progress
- Go even further with 'Now try these!' activities
My job is easier because of the quality of the materials…and my students are more excited to learn English because the material challenges them in just the right way, offering a task that takes some struggle, but can be overcome…
Now, our students’ writing ability is significantly higher than before, and they are often able to read the short phrases in the stories they’re presented without teacher aid… They like seeing just what they can do, and being able to hold a book that they read on their own makes them visibly proud.”
Corey Fegan – Sendai Shirayuri Elementary, Sendai, Japan
- Extra reading practice for all children learning English
- Listen along with downloadable audio
- Practice new vocabulary through end-of-story activities
- Notes for teachers and parents
- Animated presentations reinforce what children learn in class
- Games help learning continue outside of the classroom
- Karaoke versions of songs give children chance to use what they learn, in an interactive way