- Product Information
- Parents' Resources
Kaj Schwermer, Julia Chang, Craig Wright
Oxford Phonics World is the first step on your students' journey into English, leading you through all 44 sounds.
This brand new 5-level phonics course can be used before or alongside a main course book. Thought-provoking and engaging activities let children actively apply what they learn. They learn to really read, not just memorize words and sounds.
- Student Book with Student Cards and Multi-ROMs
- Teacher’s Book
- Phonics Cards
- Phonics Readers
- Oxford iTools (Digital Classroom Resources)
- Over 150 Phonics Friends - an angry apple, a big bear, and others - help children remember English sounds.
- Action songs, chants, and games encourage children to discover connections between English sounds and letters.
- Active class activities develop children's listening, speaking, reading, writing, and spelling skills and provide opportunities to apply them.
- Multi-ROMs include fun animations and interactive games, stories, and songs for practice at home.
- Teacher's Books for every level include a games bank, and guides you step-by-step through teaching phonics.
Let us guide you through the world of phonics...
"As a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, so the journey of learning English begins with Phonics." Craig Wright – Author
- Children learn sounds step-by-step
- A unique journey strip at the bottom of each page shows the sounds learned, and sounds still left to learn
- Review sections let students and teachers see their progress
- Go even further with 'Now try these!' activities
Continue the journey into English...
- Extra reading practice for all children learning English
- Listen along with downloadable audio
- Practice new vocabulary through end-of-story activities
- Notes for teachers and parents
An interactive Multi-ROM enhances the journey...
- Animated presentations reinforce what children learn in class
- Games help learning continue outside of the classroom
- Karaoke versions of songs give children chance to use what they learn, in an interactive way