You can visit our worldwide website for our globally available teaching resources, or visit our local website for for products, events and materials for your area.
Please choose below:
Q: Skills for Success Second Edition Special Edition Level 5
Think critically. Succeed academically.
Jaimie Scanlon, Margaret Brooks, Miles Craven, Kristin Sherman, Rob Freire, Tamara Jones, Sarah Lynn, Jenny Bixby, Joe McVeigh, Margot Gramer, Colin Ward, Debra Daise, Charl Norloff, Paul Carne, Ann Snow, and Larry Zwier
This second edition of Q: Skills for Success Special Edition is an academic paired skills series that helps students to think critically and succeed academically.
- Part of: Q: Skills for Success Second Edition Special Edition
- Language Level: A1-B2
The Special Edition of Q has been adapted with feedback from reviewers and cultural advisors in Saudi Arabia, ensuring that the course works for both teachers and learners.
With new note-taking skills, an extended writing syllabus and video in every unit, Q Second Edition equips students for academic success better than ever.
And the online content, seamlessly integrated into the Student Book, allows teachers to truly implement blended learning into the classroom.
- Student Book with iQ Online
- Classroom Presentation Tool
- Question-centered approach encourages students to think critically
- Progress bar and clearly stated unit objectives motivate students to achieve their language learning goals
- Video in every unit provides an engaging springboard for students to think critically
- Note-taking skills and an extended writing syllabus develop essential skills for academic success
- Enhanced listening and reading comprehension activities provide greater scaffolding and help prepare students to use higher level study skills
- Research-based vocabulary program ensures that students learn the most relevant words for academic and professional life
- iQ Online is integrated with the Student Book content to extend learning in and out of the classroom
- Achievement badges keep students focused and motivated working online
- Auto-graded tests provide instant feedback and save teachers time
- Classroom Presentation Tool increases student engagement and reduces class prep time
Q: Skills for Success Second Edition helps students to get ready for academic success. Enhanced skills support provides more reading or listening comprehension in every unit, deepening students’ understanding of the unit topic and better preparing them for the unit assignment. A greater variety of activities encourages students to use critical thinking skills, such as making inferences or synthesizing information from different texts.
Video in every unit adds a new dimension to the course. Documentary-style videos use material from the BBC and CBS, providing authentic, high-interest input related to the unit topic. In addition, skills videos present useful grammar points in a digestible format.
In the Listening and Speaking strand, the new note-taking skills section provides focused practice on this essential skill in every unit. And the writing syllabus in Reading and Writing has been extended and improved to help students progress from writing coherent sentences to structuring a full essay. The new online Writing Tutor supports students to write independently.
Vocabulary from the Oxford 3000™ and Academic Word List is highlighted to help students focus on the most relevant words they need to learn.
The Second Edition has an increased focus on measuring student progress. The new progress bar and clearly stated unit objectives motivate students to achieve their language learning goals. Students and teachers can also track their progress online, with new achievement badges that reward students as they complete the online activities.
Q: Skills for Success Second Edition is designed for blended learning. Online content on iQ Online is integrated with the Student Book, with clear signposting to guide students’ learning. The online content is easy to manage, simple to use, and has been researched, developed and tested to fit the needs of English language teachers and learners.
For the teacher, deliver heads-up lessons with the Classroom Presentation Tool. Project pages from the Student Book, play video and audio, and interact with the page.
- 15-18 activities matched to the Student Book for every unit
- Activities include video, vocabulary, grammar and skills practice, grammar and vocabulary games, and alternate unit assignments
- Online Discussion Board provides a forum for students to discuss the unit question at the beginning of the unit, and then reflect on their learning at the end of the unit
- Email function allows easy communication between student and teacher
- Students can record themselves for the speaking assignments, submit their recording, and receive feedback online
- Unit assignments for each unit
- Preview the Unit worksheets introduce the topic of each unit
- Writing tools (see Writing Tutor)
- Video transcripts
- Student Book audio
- Peer Review worksheets
- Writing Outlines
- Writing Process worksheets
- Graphic organizers
- Auto-graded online tests for every unit instantly measure student progress and save teachers time on grading
- Tests are automatically hidden from student view and the teacher chooses when to assign them, keeping them secure
- Scores are entered into the online gradebook, providing a quick and easy way to track class progress
- Printable and editable unit tests (A and B versions), placement, midterm and final tests are also available for every level – giving teachers the flexibility to assign tests in the way they like
- Multilevel teaching tips
- Expansion activities
- Background notes on the reading or listening texts plus the art in the unit openers
- Grammar and Vocabulary skill notes
- Unit Assignment grading rubrics
- Answer keys
- Audio scripts and video transcripts
- Communicative Grammar worksheets
- Discussion Board worksheets with teaching notes to help you make the most of the online Discussion Board
Classroom Presentation Tool
Play audio and video at the touch of a button. Capture your students’ attention with the Focus tool: activities fill the screen so that everyone can participate, even large classes.
Take your classroom presentation tool with you and plan your lessons online or offline, across your devices. Save your web links and make notes directly on the page – all with one account.