Q: Skills for Success Level 4
Q: Skills for Success is grounded in teaching theory as well as real-world classroom practice, making it the most learner-centered series available.
- Part of: Q: Skills for Success
Q: Skills for Success Level 4 includes materials for both the Reading and Writing and Listening and Speaking Strands featured in all six levels of the series. Clearly identiﬁed learning outcomes focus students on the goal of instruction, while thought-provoking unit questions provide a critical thinking framework. Explicit skills instruction builds student language proficiency and is reinforced by Q Online Practice, which provides 100% new content and practice activities for every unit, Teacher resources include speciﬁc notes for each activity, ideas for ensuring student participation, a unit-specific scoring rubric, answer keys and a testing program CD-ROM with customizable tests.
- Learning outcomes are clearly stated at the start and end of the units
- Critical thinking unit approach encourages students to analyze, synthesize, apply knowledge and develop an individual voice around a topic
- Thought-provoking unit questions provide a clear focus for the units
- Reading and listening texts explore a range of academic subjects from biology to finance
- Explicit learning skills sections help students develop important academic skills such as scanning a text, listening for gist and using a dictionary
- Research-based vocabulary program focuses on words from the Academic Word List (AWL) and the Oxford 3000™
- Digital Workbook includes substantial homework practice, reference and tests with simple LMS to help teachers assign and grade work
Clearly identiﬁed learning outcomes that focus students on the goal of instruction
Thought-provoking unit questions that provide a critical thinking framework for each unit
Explicit skills instruction that builds students’ language proﬁciency
All new content and practice activities for every unit, approximately 20 hours of practice per strand, with Q Online Practice.