New English File Culture Link A general English course for adult learners.
Donatella Fitzgerald, Rachel Harraway
Mixed media format
New English File Culture Link enables teachers to integrate their language teaching with topics covering Culture and CLIL. The lessons are designed to act as a springboard for discussing current affairs and social issues in class, enlivening the English language lesson. The book is ideal for summer schools and general English extension work.
Topics suitable for Trinity and Cambridge ESOL exam preparation.
This pack includes:
- Student's Book
- Audio CD
- 27 easy-to-use, self-contained lessons.
- CULTURE: Exploring aspects of the English-speaking world and youth culture.
- CLIL: Presenting a variety of interdisciplinary topics.
- DVD contains seven authentic interviews to be used alongside video worksheets and selected Culture and CLIL lessons.
- CD contains all listening activities and all reading passages.
Each lesson of New English File Culture Link focuses on developing the four language skills such as Reading and Speaking or Listening and Speaking. There is also a ‘What do you think?’ section, which encourages students to offer their opinions and develop their discussion skills. Each lesson ends with a project where students can do further research into the topic through a series of guided activities.
The book also gives the teacher the opportunity to create learning units based around broader themes, such as travel, road safety, the environment, and entertainment, and to assign projects to students for further research into the topic.