A new edition of the best-selling English File, improved throughout with brand new digital components to use inside and outside the classroom. English File Third edition – the best way to get your students talking.
The English File concept remains the same – fun, enjoyable lessons which get students talking through the right mix of language, motivation, and opportunity – but now the content and the components have been updated and improved for students and teachers.
The English File third edition digital components help to make the most of teaching and learning opportunities inside and outside the classroom. The digital package includes: iTools (a digital classroom resource), iTutor and iChecker for students, Pronunciation App for mobiles, Online Workbook, Student's and Teacher's websites.
- Student's Book with iTutor
- MultiPACK A with iTutor and iChecker
- MultiPACK B with iTutor and iChecker
- Workbook with key and iChecker
- Workbook without key and iChecker
- Online Workbook
- Teacher's Book with Test and Assessment CD-ROM
- Class Audio CD
- Class DVD
- Improved texts and listening that motivate students to talk
- Four-skills syllabus with a clear focus on pronunciation
- Real-world Practical English and documentary videos
- New digital package for inside and outside the classroom
- New Study Link learning and Teacher Link teaching resources
With new, easy-to-manage structure, fresh, contemporary topics, more listening and a brand new video filmed on location (London, New York) English File third edition supports teaching and learning better than ever.
To give teachers and students a 21st century learning experience English File third edition comes with brand new digital components:
- iTools for teachers: a digital teaching tool that brings the Student's book alive on the interactive whiteboard, on projectors or on screen. All your digital teaching needs on one disc: complete Student's Book with audio, video answer keys and interactive activities; complete Workbook with audio and answer keys; Teacher's Book photocopiables with answer keys; Grammar PowerPoints, Vocabulary flashcards, interactive Sounds Chart; plus highlight, zoom, spotlight and other built-in tools to make teaching even easier.
- iTutor DVD-ROM accompanies the Student's Book to encourage home-study and further practice. With all Student's Book audio, video, grammar and vocabulary exercises all in one place, catch-up, revision and home-study have never been easier. Also includes mobile content downloadable to compatible phones to provide access to practice materials even on the go. See iTutor tab for further details, features and benefits.
- iChecker CD-ROM, a completely new digital companion to the Workbook that allows students to test their knowledge and assess their progress. Includes all Workbook audio, self-assessment tests, instant answers and Study Link references to the relevant Grammar Bank pages of the Student's Book.
- Online Workbook for tailored language practice for all four skills, including speaking practice with 'speak and record' function to encourage practice outside the classroom, automatic marking and instant feedback on answers.
- English File Pronunciation App for smartphones gives students access to pronunciation practice anytime, anywhere in a fun way. Using the much-loved English File Sounds pictures for teaching pronunciation in an easy-to-remember way, this app comes packed with interactive features such as 'touch and listen' 'record and compare' and the pronunciation game. To find out more about the App, click on the English file Pronunciation App tab
Who would have thought pronunciation could be this much fun?
It is now, thanks to English File Pronunciation App – the app that gets you talking
Do you want to know how to pronounce ?
Click and listen to the sound.
Do you want to get that word or expression right for next time you have to talk in English?
Click and listen to hundreds of words and sentences, then record and play your own version until you sound like the original
The best pronunciation practice in your pocket
A digital companion to the Student’s Book
Revise, review, improve –
in the comfort of your home
With the English File iTutor you can now answer all these questions:
- Students can review all the material covered in class and even download some of the content to their mobiles
- iTutor contains all class audio and video, complete with exercises so that students can revise classroom material in their own time
- A wealth of practice material for each unit means there are plenty of opportunities for students to improve the skills they need to focus on