- Date and Time:
2nd December 2021, 9:30 - 10:30 GMT (UTC)
2nd December 2021, 17:30 - 18:30 GMT (UTC)
Get practical tips and expert advice to help you teach pronunciation effectively in your classroom.
There are a variety of benefits to effective pronunciation teaching. Join Robin Walker and get immediate, useful advice that will help you:
- Equip learners for effective international communication and prepare them for a global world where they will interact with English speakers from different language backgrounds.
- Contribute to the development of speaking and listening skills, and help learners improve their vocabulary and learn to read in English more effectively.
- Teach pronunciation with confidence, support better learning outcomes, and encourage more positive attitudes towards pronunciation.
Date and Times
You can check the equivalent time in your country with this time zone converter.
Robin Walker has been involved in English language teaching since 1981, working as a teacher, teacher educator, materials writer, and consultant. He regularly collaborates with Oxford University Press and Trinity College London, as well as with regional education authorities in Spain, where he lives. He has published numerous articles on pronunciation and is the author of a handbook for teachers, Teaching the Pronunciation of English as a Lingua Franca (2010). An active member of the IATEFL Pronunciation Special Interest Group (PronSIG) since 1997, he was editor of Speak Out!, the respected PronSIG journal, from 2008 to 2015.
Before you register
Please note that all OUP webinars are free of charge, and you may register for as many as you like.
Can’t attend the webinar? Watch the recording in your own time.
If you are not able to attend the webinar, you don’t have to miss out. If you register you will still get a link to the recording of the webinar session in the follow-up email.
Before you join the webinar
Please ensure you have a computer (or supported mobile/tablet device), audio speakers and/or working headset, and a good quality connection to the internet before attempting to join.
We would recommend that you test your device and network in advance of the webinar by clicking on the below link (not required for mobile/tablet users).The test link is here: https://www.bigmarker.com/system_check
Joining the webinar
The 'join' button for the webinar will not become active until 30 minutes before each webinar, therefore you will not be able to log in until the day of the webinar.
If you try to log in before the day of the webinar, you may receive an error message on the login page.
Each email address can only be used to log into one device at a time, therefore please keep your login details confidential.
To listen to the webinar, please ensure that you have a suitable headset or speakers.
Headsets must be plugged in before you enter the webinar room.
Please ensure that your audio is switched on and the volume at a suitable level.
You can search for technical FAQs and get help with the platform at: https://bigmarker.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
When registering for a webinar, you will receive the following emails:
- Registration confirmation email with iCal - immediately after registration containing the joining link to access the webinar room
- Registration reminder emails - one day before the webinar
- Follow-up email - up to five working days after the webinar
In the follow-up email, attendees will receive:
- Access to an online Feedback Survey, which you can use to tell us about your experience
- Personalized Professional Development Certificate
- Recording of your webinar session
- Presentation Slides
Please note that all responses from email@example.com will be in English.