Energise your students with The Project Explore Competition!
To celebrate the launch of Project Explore, we’re sharing an extract from one of the course’s new fictional stories: The Ancient Statue. Now it’s up to your students to finish the tale by creating their very own comic strip!
Project Explore combines the tried and trusted Project methodology and structure with 100% new content. The animated stories by award-winning author Paul Shipton offer cumulative revision of grammar and vocabulary throughout the course.
Now it’s over to your students to finish the story of the Ancient Statue! Show them the video and enter The Project Explore Competition today!
How to Enter:
Who can enter? Any teacher who teaches students age 10 – 16 can take part in the Project Explore competition.
- Read the Terms & Conditions and the Judging Criteria.
- Divide your students into groups of 2-6, then play The Ancient Statue video for them.
- Ask each group to finish the story by creating a 6-panel comic strip – they can either draw it, create it digitally, or even use photographs. Try showing them a copy of our sample entry to inspire them!
- Fill out an online entry form for each group of students and submit it alongside their work.
- If the entry includes photographs of your students, ask their parents to complete a parental consent form.
- All entries must be received by 29th March 2019.
Each student in the winning group will receive a set of Oxford University Press stationery, an Oxford University Press dictionary of their choice, and two Oxford Graded readers of their choice. Their teacher will receive a set of Oxford University Press stationery, an Oxford University Press dictionary of their choice, a copy of the Project Explore poster game, three Oxford University Press Professional Development titles of their choice, and ten Oxford Graded readers of their choice.
There will also be three runner-up groups. Each student in these groups will receive a set of Oxford University Press stationery, and an Oxford Graded Reader of their choice. Their teachers will each receive a set of Oxford University Press stationery, a Project Explore poster game, an Oxford University Press Professional Development Title of their choice, and five Oxford Graded Readers of their choice.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Imagination is the only limit when designing your comic strip
Check out the sample entry created by our design team, where the Ancient Statue makes the friends travel through time!
Need some extra help?
Check out these eight great tips for using comic strips in the classroom today.