We welcome opportunities to license our English Language Teaching (ELT) content for a wide variety of uses. Examples of the types of licences that we can provide include:

For all other licensing queries, please get in touch with the ELT rights team, providing as much detail as possible. If you wish to know more about our content, please download our Business Development Catalogue.

Permissions (to use extracts, digitization etc.)

For permission to use content from ELT publications please get in touch with our Permissions team, by sending a brief email describing your request to: ELTPermissionsRights@oup.com (ELT Permissions) (We will be accepting email requests only until the 30th April 2018)

From the 1st of May, 2018, as part of a streamlined approach to managing your requests, all new permission requests will be administered through a new permissions management portal. You will have to create an account in order to be able to submit your requests.
Please create your account here: https://requestbox.net/eltrights/Login

To help you understand how to submit your request, we have created a step by step guide, available here a guide for customers.

Disability resources

OUP is committed to making our publications available to as many of our readers as possible.

OUP is able to provide an electronic file, or grant permission for the creation of an alternate format for students with disabilities. This is limited to use of our titles by disability departments of educational institutions and representative organisations. These files are to be provided solely for the purposes of students with disabilities and are usually distributed in low-resolution, PDF format.

For information on ELT titles, please visit our ELT catalogue. You can search using the ISBN or title.

If you are interested in this service, please complete the request form (xlsx, 11KB) and e-mail the file to the ELT Disability Resources team using the link below:

ELTDisabilityResources@oup.com (ELT Disability Resources)


Copyright Clearance Center (CCC)

If your organization has an Annual Academic Copyright License or an Annual Copyright License (ACL) from the CCC, you may reuse content published by OUP within the limits of the particular licence. If your business or institution has not signed up for an annual licence, you may request individual permissions (such as for coursepacks, e-reserves or marketing uses) on a pay-per-use basis, or request an annual license by contacting the CCC directly.

For full details please visit www.copyright.com or contact the CCC's licensing team at licensing@copyright.com

Copyright Licensing Agency

OUP works with the Copyright Licensing Agency (CLA) in the UK, to grant photocopying and coursepack reuses for a variety of markets and purposes. For further information on the range of available licences and their terms and conditions, please visit www.cla.co.uk or contact them at cla@cla.co.uk

If having contacted the CCC or the CLA you are unable to obtain the rights you require, please request permission from us directly by contacting the Permissions team via the link below:

ELTPermissionsRights@oup.com (ELT Permissions)

Requesting permission from other OUP divisions:

For permission to use material from titles published outside OUP's ELT division, please contact the relevant departments:

For permission to use content from the OUP Academic division, please visit their request page.