Welcome to Your English File - the online home of English File.
Here you will find exclusive English File materials. You can:
- View and download teaching resources for use in your English File classes
- Watch the latest English File videos
- Get sample material from the third editions.
Make sure you keep checking back for new material, this page will be updated regularly.
A two-page PDF with all the YOU HEAR/YOU SAY language from the Practical English lessons – perfect for students who are travelling. This is also available in black and white, and on the Student’s Site.
Make your own cloze exercises, using your own texts or texts from the New English File and English File third edition Student's Book.
- Elementary Cloze Maker
- Pre-intermediate Cloze Maker
- Intermediate Cloze Maker
- Intermediate Plus Cloze Maker
- Upper-intermediate Cloze Maker
- Advanced Cloze Maker
- Elementary 3rd Edition Cloze Maker
- Pre-Intermediate 3rd Edition Cloze Maker
- Intermediate 3rd Edition Cloze Maker
Download adaptable New English File and English File third edition crosswords, or make your own to give your students fun vocabulary practice.
These documents map New English File and English File third edition to the CEFR. It gives an overview of descriptors which shows where they are covered in New English File and English File third edition, and a detailed breakdown of the Student’s book which shows the descriptors covered in each lesson.
ESOL guides map New English File to the Adult ESOL core curriculum, and Skills for Life exam guides for Cambridge ESOL.
Use these ideas as 'fillers' at the end of a class. Many of them will also work well as warmers, or as quick revision activities.
The New English File and English File third edition syllabuses.
A guide to the interactive exercises, games, and resources on the New English File Student’s Site.
English File Vocabulary Calendar October PDF ( 99 KB )
Full listening scripts from the Student’s Book as Word documents to adapt and use in your lessons.
What is the Common European Framework of Reference? What are its aims?
The main aim of the Language Portfolio is to present language qualifications and learning experiences in a clear way. This document contains three sections: the Passport, the Biography, and the Dossier. It gives an overview of descriptors as well as a detailed breakdown of where they are covered in each lesson of the Student’s Book.
Adapting Tests for students with dyslexia
- Guide for adapting tests PDF ( 102 KB )
The New English File and English File third edition wordlists, with key lexical phrases and vocabulary items.
Weblinks with topics related to the lessons and suggested ‘mini-projects’.
What Study Link is, how it works, and how it helps.
English File Recommended Readers PDF ( 4 MB )
Choose the right graded reader for your course
Short film audio scripts
- EF3 Beginner short films scripts PDF ( 395 KB )
- EF3 Elementary short films script PDF ( 397 KB )
- EF3 Pre-intermediate short film scripts PDF ( 329 KB )
- EF3 Intermediate short film scripts PDF ( 484 KB )
- EF3 Intermediate Plus short films scripts PDF ( 331 KB )
- EF3 Upper-intermediate short films scripts PDF ( 329 KB )
- EF3 Advanced short films scripts PDF ( 418 KB )
English File Videos
Our YouTube channel features videos to support your teaching and to develop new skills.
Practise your English on the English File website.