Welcome to Your English File - the online home of English File.
Here you will find exclusive English File materials. You can:
- View and download teaching resources for use in your English File classes
- Watch the latest English File videos
- Get sample material from the third editions.
Make sure you keep checking back for new material, this page will be updated regularly.
English File Dyslexia-friendly Tests
English File unit and progress tests specifically designed for learners with dyslexia.
- English File Elementary Dyslexia-friendly Tests PDF (505 KB)
- English File Pre-Intermediate Dyslexia-friendly Tests PDF (506 KB)
- English File Intermediate Dyslexia-friendly Tests PDF (517 KB)
- English File Intermediate Plus Dyslexia-friendly Tests PDF (464 KB)
- English File Upper-Intermediate Dyslexia-friendly Tests PDF (507 KB)
Full listening scripts from the Student’s Book as Word documents to adapt and use in your lessons.
What is the Common European Framework of Reference? What are its aims?
The main aim of the Language Portfolio is to present language qualifications and learning experiences in a clear way. This document contains three sections: the Passport, the Biography, and the Dossier. It gives an overview of descriptors as well as a detailed breakdown of where they are covered in each lesson of the Student’s Book.
Adapting Tests for students with dyslexia
- Guide for adapting tests PDF (102 KB)
The New English File and English File third edition wordlists, with key lexical phrases and vocabulary items.
Weblinks with topics related to the lessons and suggested ‘mini-projects’.
What Study Link is, how it works, and how it helps.
English File Recommended Readers PDF (4 MB)
Choose the right graded reader for your course
A two-page PDF with all the YOU HEAR/YOU SAY language from the Practical English lessons – perfect for students who are travelling. This is also available in black and white, and on the Student’s Site.
Make your own cloze exercises, using your own texts or texts from the New English File and English File third edition Student's Book.
Download adaptable New English File and English File third edition crosswords, or make your own to give your students fun vocabulary practice.
These documents map New English File and English File third edition to the CEFR. It gives an overview of descriptors which shows where they are covered in New English File and English File third edition, and a detailed breakdown of the Student’s book which shows the descriptors covered in each lesson.
ESOL guides map New English File to the Adult ESOL core curriculum, and Skills for Life exam guides for Cambridge ESOL.
Use these ideas as 'fillers' at the end of a class. Many of them will also work well as warmers, or as quick revision activities.
The New English File and English File third edition syllabuses.
A guide to the interactive exercises, games, and resources on the New English File Student’s Site.
Short film audio scripts
- EF3 Beginner short films scripts PDF (395 KB)
- EF3 Elementary short films script PDF (397 KB)
- EF3 Pre-intermediate short film scripts PDF (329 KB)
- EF3 Intermediate short film scripts PDF (484 KB)
- EF3 Intermediate Plus short films scripts PDF (331 KB)
- EF3 Upper-intermediate short films scripts PDF (329 KB)
- EF3 Advanced short films scripts PDF (418 KB)
Vocabulary mind maps
Mind maps for each of the English File Vocabulary Banks. The mind maps are an excellent tool to help students categorize and memorize the vocabulary. They can be used to understand the relationships between words and are a useful aid for those who have a visual learning style. Each mind map is supplied in two versions: Complete: a version that contains all the lexical items in the Vocabulary Bank; Practice: a blank version for use in class, so you can test the vocabulary in the Vocabulary Bank and also add in other words if you want.
English File Videos
Our YouTube channel features videos to support your teaching and to develop new skills.