Welcome to the How Vocabulary is Learned online resources, which you can download and use in self-study or teacher-training groups. Here you can find:
- A personal note from the authors
- Sample material from the book
- Discussion questions
- An editable version of the Essential Word List
- Answers for Version B of the Vocabulary Levels Test
- Answers for the Intermediate level of the Word Part Levels Test
- Weblinks to related content on other websites
A personal note from the authors PDF (35 KB)
Contents PDF (96 KB)
The contents pages of How Vocabulary is Learned.
Chapter 1 Extract PDF (145 KB)
The first six pages from Chapter 1.
Questions for reflection PDF (53 KB)
Questions from the end of each chapter to personalize learning.
Use in groupwork to help stimulate critical thinking on the key points of each chapter.
- Chapter 1 Discussion Questions PDF (58 KB)
- Chapter 2 Discussion Questions PDF (54 KB)
- Chapter 3 Discussion Questions PDF (65 KB)
- Chapter 4 Discussion Questions PDF (57 KB)
- Chapter 5 Discussion Questions PDF (54 KB)
- Chapter 6 Discussion Questions PDF (51 KB)
- Chapter 7 Discussion Questions PDF (43 KB)
- Chapter 8 Discussion Questions PDF (54 KB)
- Chapter 9 Discussion Questions PDF (51 KB)
- Chapter 10 Discussion Questions PDF (43 KB)
Glossary PDF (204 KB)
The glossary of terms used in the book.
Essential Word List DOCX (31 KB)
An editable version of the Essential Word List.
Vocabulary Levels Test (Version B) answers PDF (57 KB)
A version of the Vocabulary Levels Test (Version B) with answers.
Word Part Levels Test (Intermediate) answers PDF (57 KB)
A version of the Word Part Levels Test (Intermediate) with answers.
Links to real-life resources related to the research discussed in How Vocabulary is Learned.