Welcome to the Q: Skills for Success teacher’s website!
Q: Skills for Success Second Edition is a six-level series with two strands, Reading and Writing and Listening and Speaking. High interest, academic content within a critical thinking framework empowers students and better equips them with the skills they need to achieve academic success. It features:
• Thought provoking unit questions that create a critical thinking framework for each unit.
• iQ Online course content that provides students with skills support and practice activities for every unit.
• Clearly stated unit objectives that motivate students to achieve their language learning goals. Online tools enable teachers to track class progress.
• Videos from the BBC and CBS add a new dimension to every unit and provide an engaging springboard for students to think critically
• New note-taking skills and an extended writing syllabus that provide additional explicit skills instuction.
• Highlighted vocabulary from the Oxford 3000 and the Academic Word List ensures that students learn the most relevant words for academic and professional life
Throughout this teacher's website you'll find sample units, extra teaching ideas, materials, and strategic support that will help you and your students take full advantage of the course.
The Table of Contents for each Student Book are provided for your reference.
Full Scope and Sequence documents for each student book provided for your reference.
A sample of ready-made unit tests teachers can customize and print to use for classroom assessment.
The complete audio scripts for the course.
See how Q: Skills for Success correlates to TOEFL®, TOEIC®, CEFR, and IELTS standards.
Writing tools found on iQ Online include Peer Review Worksheets and Unit Outlines.
Contains sample Q Class Audio files, including audio for readings, listenings, note-taking skills, pronunciation presentations and skills exercises, and The Q Classroom.
Overview of the CEFR skills covered in each unit of Q: Skills for Success.
Contains one sample unit for each level of the Reading and Writing and Listening and Speaking Student Books.
Available for teachers on iQ Online. One sample unit for Reading and Writing and Listening and Speaking.
An overview of iQ Online, an intuitive and powerful online practice learning management developed specifically for English Language Learners.
Highlighted vocabulary from the Oxford 3000 and the Academic Word List ensures that students learn the most relevant words for academic and professional life.
Available for every unit, Communicative Grammar Worksheets promote interactive learning and prompt class discussion.
Additional videos and video resources are accessible to teachers via iTools Online. Select video transcripts for Unit Videos available here.
Download Powerpoints, Unit Assignment Rubrics, and Wordlists for use with Q: Skills for Success First Edition.